- Spring: LIS 4930 Introduction to Data & Text Mining
- Spring: Information Analytics
- Fall: Introduction to Data Science, Predictive Analytics
- Before 2015: I taught courses on “web development” and “current topics in social media.” I developed the social media course that introduces social media from a broad lens of ethics, economics, privacy, business, and governments. Students also analyzed social media data using social network analysis. When teaching web development class, I have introduced codecademy in class, for the first time in the Informatics Department, to supplement students’ learning experience. I love trying new things in classroom. When things don’t work, I improvise them to improve the learning experiences of students.
- Below is an example final project produced by my students in “Current topics in social media” (link: higherednotdebtV3)